British Canoeing 2 Star Award
Once you've passed your BC 1 Star Award you're ready for the next step. This award is ideal for paddlers who are confident in both a canoe and kayak on flat water as you'll need to be comfortable demonstrating skills in both disciplines. An understanding of how the paddle, boat and water interact is also required.
- You need to be able to swim 25 metres whilst wearing a buoyancy aid
- You're required to have experience of paddling two different crafts (e.g. surf kayak, solo/tandem open canoe, slalom boat, or sea kayak)
- You'll also need experience of paddling in two different locations (e.g. canal, river, or sea)
- Evidence of competing in two paddlesport competitions (e.g. club level event, slalom or freestyle) OR completing two journeys of approximately two hours in length
- Professional coaching on and off the water
- Mentoring and advice on development within paddlesport
- All equipment but you’re welcome to bring your own
- Lee Valley White Water Centre membership
What's not included?
- Personal third party liability insurance
- Food and beverages
- BC certificate fees: £7.00 non members and £6.00 members
- BC membership
This is a one day course which will run 09:00 - 17:00.
To discuss dates and availability or if you're looking to make a group booking for a specific date please contact us on 03000 030 616 to discuss alternative options.