Please ensure you read the below information thoroughly before booking or partaking in one of our activities. Please ensure you meet the criteria as outlined for your chosen activity or you risk not being able to partake in the activity of your choice.
- For any of our bookable activities please arrive 30 minutes before your start time
- Unless stated all equipment is provided - just bring your swimmers and a towel
- During your experience you will need to remove jewellery and any items of value. To avoid risk of loss or damage please leave valuables at home
- Any participants aged 18 or under must have our Parental Consent Form signed by their legal parent/guardian before being able to partake in their chosen activity
- Before booking you must agree to our Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale and our Venue Terms and Conditions
- Before purchasing a gift voucher please ensure you have read our Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale and our Gift Voucher Conditions of Use
- Your safety is important to us so please download and read our Safety for water users’ leaflet
White water rafting
- Rafters must be at least 14 years of age to raft the Olympic Course or 10 years of age to raft the Legacy Loop and weigh under 18 stone.
- Please read what will be involved in our Activity Assessment which must be successfully completed before being able to raft the course.
- Please read the Rafting Safety and Risk Declaration which must be completed by everyone in the raft before your raft experience.
- White water rafting is an extreme sport, while navigating the course you could well take a tumble into grade 4 rapids, so be prepared. Our bank safety team will be on hand to rescue you and safely help you out of the water before helping you back aboard your raft.
- We always aim to keep groups together, however the only way to ensure your group will not get split up is to charter a whole raft.
- All our promotional offers are subject to availability.
Hydrospeeding, Hot Dog and Tubing sessions
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age for and weigh under 18 stone.
- Participants will need to successfully complete a short swim test before partaking in their chosen activity.
- White water activities are an extreme sport, while navigating the course you could well take a tumble into grade 3 rapids, so be prepared. Our bank safety team will be on hand to rescue you and safely help you out of the water.
Go Canoeing and Go SUP!
- Children aged between 8 – 12 years must be under direct parent/guardian supervision on the water with 1 parent/guardian to every 4 children (max).
- Children aged 13 – 16 years must have a parent/guardian that remains on site at Lee Valley White Water Centre for the duration of the session, with 1 parent/guardian to every 4 children (max).
Before rafting our Olympic Course you’ll be kitted out with a wetsuit, buoyancy aid, helmet and boots and be taken through an activity assessment with one of our raft guides, along with some flat water exercises on the lake.
To be able to participate in rafting you must:
- Receive and understand a safety briefing.
- Correctly fit all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for the session.
- Be able to maintain a sitting position within the raft.
- Be able to adopt the “Down” position (sit on the floor of the raft and support body without the assistance of others).
- Be able to move body position to the left and right when instructed.
- Be able to assist in own rescue from the water by holding onto the raft and pulling themselves back inside.
- Be able to assist in someone else’s rescue by holding the PPE and providing useful uplift.
- Be alert and able to respond to simple visual or verbal commands from the raft guide.
- Be able to adopt and maintain the Defensive Swim position and orientated body position away from danger (lying on back, feet down stream, with legs kept up on/near the water’s surface).
- Be able to receive and hold a throw line while being pulled to the course side.
- Be able to exit the course unassisted via the stepped access.
- Your safety is important to us so please download and read our Safety for water users’ leaflet.